Friday, February 21, 2014

Bouncing Brayers

Just recently I saw a gorgeous card that used the 'bouncing brayer" technique. Of course I had to google it and find out how to do it and saw many beautiful examples.  Thursday night the Cardologists played with brayers making lots of backgrounds.  Suzanne had made some delicious chocolate orange cookies for our dessert but couldn't join us.  (So sad)  But Suzanne, we didn't finish one card!  As soon as we heard the roads were icing up we closed up and hit the road. 

I made a card tonight with one of my backgrounds.  In my rush to post it and get to bed before midnight, I scanned it before the glue on the dew drops was dry.  (That's three more dew drops down and one thousand still to use.)

Stamps:  Hero Arts plant, Stampin Up hello
Dies:  Stampin Up Scallop Circle, Sizzix Circles, Heartfelt Creations posey
Distress Inks:  Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint
Paper;  Stampin Up Certainly Celery

I wish you could see the glimmer mist that was spritzed on.  And now I must say goodnight before I turn into a pumpkin, or loose my shoe, or just fall asleep at the computer and forget to go to bed.  Hope all my friends are safe and snug in their homes. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. What on earth did we do before Google???
    Looks like a fun technique (might have to google it, too), too bad that I couldn't make it! Love the card you made out of the background and I am proud of you using your dew drops. If you should run out of them I have some more!

    ReplyDelete