Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Scribble Hearts

We have been riding the weather roller coaster that is the bridge between winter and spring.  Last Friday it was almost 60 and then we had five inches of snow Saturday night.  Today I woke up to bright sunshine before my alarm went off and tonight the wind is blowing in the rain.  Whew.

Since this is the third week of February, the second Twofer Challenge is drawing to a close.  I love the idea of using the same stamp or die on two cards for different occasions.  Since the challenge prompt  is “hearts” this month, my
cards both feature the Scribbles heart die from Stampin' Up.

Since it is February, of course the first card is a Valentine Card. I really like using alcohol inks on yupo paper because there are no mistakes; you just keep going until you get a look you like.  This card called for heart-throbbing vibrant colors with gold highlights.  I used a stitched rectangle die from Our Daily Bread for a red layer backed with more gold.  The two dies by Stampin' Up are both the image and the sentiment, which means I didn’t use any stamping on the front of the card. (Is that even legal?)



 I struggled with the second card which I had in mind to be a sympathy card.  I tried so many combinations but it just wasn’t coming together until I saw last week’s Inspired by the Little Things. From that I picked out my colors, added the butterfly wings and lacy ribbon.  I did go a little off course using a Sizzix brick embossing folder instead of wood grain. The flowers were clear embossed and water colored before fussy cutting. Punches, dies and stamps are from Stampin' Up.

And now, I am off to spend a couple hours putting the stamping room to rights.  <Sigh>  Making the mess is more fun than cleaning up but of course you know that or you wouldn't be here.

Thank you for stopping by.

Dora

9 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards, Dora! Your alcohol inked background is gorgeous and center stage with the clean addition of your heart and sentiment. I love how your sympathy card all came together when you found just the right inspiration, and it is beautiful! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart cards are both gorgeous! The AI background on yupo is spectacular and the sympathy card in soft colors so serene! Love the embossed background and the lace!
    Thanks so much for playing at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see you back for Twofer #2, Dora! Once again, you did a great job with your two designs for two different occasions! I love your gorgeous and vibrant YUPO background on your Valentine and I love the texture background, lace, and flowers to accompany the pretty heart on your sympathy card! Thank you so much for joining us this month!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dora, I really love your alcohol ink background. It works so well with that heart die. I have been enjoying using alcohol ink on yupo paper recently too but haven't achieved a look as good as yours. Thanks for visiting me on my blog and leaving a lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your pink flowers on your card. Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Dora, the AI background is stunning, so pretty and I love the texture on your 2nd card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Dora, wonderful alcohol ink background

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two terrific cards, Dora! The drama and bold colours on the first are brilliant, especially with the glimmery gold ... and what a great contrast with the second, it's soft, delicate and serene, perfect to express sympathy! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words ... and for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete